Chiropractic care adheres to its philosophy that maintaining nerve health can boost the body’s natural healing ability and that most illnesses and body disorders may be linked to abnormality in the nerve system. The millions of health cases worldwide successfully treated through chiropractic care are testimonials to the effectiveness of chiropractic care. And if you analyze the data from the documented records of successful chiropractic care cases, it will be very easy to agree that chiropractic care encompasses the whole realm of health care.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care has been proven effective in pain management, foremost of which, is in back pain, the most prevalent of all types of body pains. Chiropractic has also helped in the successful treatment of neck pain, shoulder pain, muscle and joint pain, and pain in the connective tissues like tendon, ligaments and cartilages.
Other common conditions where chiropractic treatments have been proven effective include:
- Disorders in the musculoskeletal system like spinal misalignment and slipped disk
- Osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, arthritis, spasms, numbness in arms and hands
- Migraines and headaches – Chiropractic has the ability to help cure, prevent and ease the discomfort of people from these conditions.
- Colic and ear infections – Chiropractic adjustments have been reported to greatly reduce colic symptoms and resolve ear infections after a few visits for treatment.
- Sciatica – Tests reported a 72% success rate in treating this disorder. This compares with 20% and 50% success rates from physical therapy and corticosteroid injections, respectively.
- Blood pressure – Chiropractic adjustments has resulted in bringing the blood pressures of hypertensive and hypotensive patients to normal levels.
- Frozen shoulder – This is a debilitating condition where patients have been reported to respond to chiropractic care.
- Whiplash and other injuries from sports and vehicle accident – In many cases, spinal manipulations and mobilization have been effective in providing pain relief for patients.
- Scoliosis – Combined with muscular rehabilitation technique, chiropractic adjustments has been reported to have, in one case, prevented the progression of scoliosis. Reports of pain reduction capability of chiropractic adjustments are numerous.
Chiropractic can treat the gamut of health disorders and symptoms associated with spinal nerve interference such as:
- Common ailments as colds, sore throat, hoarseness, tonsillitis, laryngitis, dizziness, chronic fatigue, and allergies
- Vision problems
- Respiratory conditions such as asthma, pneumonia, and bronchitis
- Heart conditions
- Liver conditions
- Kidney and gall bladder conditions
- Conditions of the digestive organs such as gas pains, gastritis, diarrhea and constipation
- Skin conditions such as acne and pimples
- Sterility or fertility problems
The one common theme in all these is that nerves control practically all of the body functions and any anomaly in the nerves can impact the functions of any part of the body.
Studies have also shown that chiropractic care can:
- Improve circulation
- Boost the immune system
- Enhance pulmonary function and increase delivery of oxygen and nutrients
- Relieve muscle tension and increase flexibility
- Reduce soreness, muscle spasms, and pain
- Reduce recovery time
- Reduce chance of injury
- Decrease oxidative and mental stress and help the body to relax and repair
- Naturally increase energy level
Chiropractic care’s effectiveness in the treatment of a wide range of illnesses and health disorders cannot be overemphasized. Its benefits are not just confined to the area of the body under treatment but extend beyond, to enhance overall bodily function.